Since its establishment in 1873, the capital of Hungary has been a city steeped in history and culture and much of that amazing history is kept in the dozens of museums and centers that are nestled in the cracks and niches of the city. With the Budapest Card, you can visit more than a dozen of these amazing museums for free.
The Hungarian National Museum, Center of Scientific Wonders, and Budapest History Museum are just a few of the amazing locations that you can visit for free. Many of the museums, including the Vasarely Museum, the Budapest History Museum that we just mentioned, and the Hungarian National Gallery offer free admission for their permanent exhibitions.
The free museums aren’t the only ones that Budapest has to offer, and with your Budapest Card you can see them all, at anywhere from a 10-50% discount.
Enjoy a walk through the Semmelweis Museum of Medical History for a 50% discount on admission, or travel back in time with a trip to the Hospital in the Rock, an atomic bunker located underneath Buda Castle, for 30% off the normal admission price.
The history of Budapest is an amazing, rich, and varied story, and worth taking in while you’re visiting the city. You can see so much of that history for free with your Budapest Card.
List of museums included in the Budapest Card:
- Museum of the Hungarian Finance Guard and Taxation History Free
- Bela Bartok Memorial House Free
- New Budapest Gallery Free
- House of Hungarian Photographers – Mai Mano House Free
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center Free
- Ferenc Hopp Museum of Asiatic Arts Free*
- Vasarely Museum Free*
- Guided Tours at Liszt Ferenc Academy Free
- Hungarian National Gallery Free*
- Dorottya Diamond Palace – Caprice Free
- Budapest History Museum Free*
- Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park Free
- Kiscelli Museum Free
- Hungarian National Museum Free
- Memento Park – Statue Park Free
- Center of Scientific Wonders -50%
- Hungarian Museum of Trade and Tourism -50%
- Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Arts -50%
- Arany Sas Pharamacy Museum -50%
- Semmelweis Museum of Medical History -50%
- Hospital In The Rock -30%
- Castle Museum Nagyteteny -20%
- Museum of Applied Arts -20%
- Hall of Art (Kunsthalle) -20%
- Underground Railway Museum -10-20%
- Urban Public Transport Museum -10-20%
- Dohany Street Synagogue -10%
- Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives -10%